RSS Profile Support Added
Monday, October 15, 2007
The RSS Best Practices Profile contains a set of recommendations for how to create RSS 2.0 documents that work best in the wide and diverse audience of client software that supports this format. The Feed Validator now checks for conformance to this profile, and echos the best practice advice contained in the document on how to improve interoperability when any of the following is detected:
- Plain text element containing HTML
- "&" or "<" not encoded using hexadecimal character references
- Item containing more than one enclosure
- Relative URL reference
- Email address without real name
- Misplaced Item
- Image title different than channel title
- TextInput element
- Content:encoded without prior description
- Channel without a atom:link with a rel="self"
- Slash:comments without lastBuildDate
Please direct any questions or comments about the profile itself to the rss-public mailing list.